favourite skincare products

by - March 09, 2018

after spending (and wasting) too much money over the years buying skincare products that i haven’t liked or ended up not using, i thought it may be useful to share some products that haven’t let me down. (and even better they’re all cruelty-free!).

liz earle cleanse and polish – i’ve been using this product basically every day for around two and a half years now. it was recommended to me when my skin was going through a particularly bad phase and i’ve been a loyal user ever since. i no longer use the hot cloth that comes with it and instead, i simply wash it straight off after i’ve rubbed it onto my face. it makes my face feel so clean and i can’t thank it enough for how much it cleared my skin up the first time i used it, which is why i will continue to use it for a long time still to come.

superdrug vitamin e oatmeal face scrub – potentially one of the best facial scrubs i’ve ever used and at an extremely reasonable price. i love many products from this skincare range but this one has to be my favourite. the scrub is so gentle but also full of a huge amount of exfoliating ingredients that feel natural and soft on the skin. (nothing like those scrubs you get that are more like a facial cleanser with a few tiny bits in them). i love the smoothness of my face after using this product and i will continue to repurchase it. it’s also made my skin clear up a lot.

mario badescu rose water spray – when i first got this product i wasn’t convinced about it. i started out by using it as a toner water when i had no makeup on. after some time i decided i wasn’t a big of a fan of it for that purpose and it went back in my cupboard for a while. one day i was doing my makeup and a pinterest tutorial advised me to use a setting spray to make my glitter eyeshadow apply better and then to set my whole face of makeup afterwards. i read the back of this product and found it can be used for this purpose and now it’s an essential in my makeup routine. my glitter eyeshadow now looks even more pigmented and my makeup lasts even longer than it once did.

lush grease lightning – i’m never against trying a lush product i haven’t used before. i was looking for a product that i could apply to individual spots when particularly bad ones appeared. i put this product on overnight when i find that i need its assistance and it brings the redness and swelling of the spot down to a manageable level. i don't use this product as frequently as the others but when it’s needed it does its job brilliantly.

‘be good to your skin. you’ll wear it every day for the rest of your life.’ 

You May Also Like

0 comments

Leave me a reply here!